Propeller Studios has supported some of the UK’s leading rail contractors to win contracts worth millions of pounds and have a wealth of experience in this field.
For instance the successful pre-qualification for Network Rail’s National Electrification Programme working with an alliance of both UK and Spanish (pan European) rail organisations with a value of £4Bn. Securing a £21M contract for a multi-discipline specialist contractor on Network Rail’s CP5 Kent Multifunctional Framework. We also provided a complete tender writing consultancy and graphic design service to a Multi National PLC that helped secured the LUL Sub-Surface Railway Power Upgrade Package 3B – Framework for a value of £250M
Read our rail case studies
- Labour contract with Network Rail
- Going underground!
- Must win Network Rail contract
- Design and Build credentials “highlighted”
Rail in the UK is booming with the industry seeing the longest sustained growth in its history with 1.5bn passenger journeys a year. Many major new rail investment projects amounting to billions of pounds are already underway or planned, including CP5, Crossrail, Thameslink, Intercity Express Programme, Edinburgh to Glasgow Improvements Programme (EGIP), High Speed 2 and High Speed 3. In addition to the high profile major projects, there is a continuing requirement for repairs, maintenance and support services plus numerous smaller developments required across the network.
Clearly there has never been a better time for rail specialists to tender for work but with the intense competition it is essential to have a robust bid strategy which ensures you put your energy into the right bids and that the bid process is managed effectively and results in well structured, well presented, compelling and compliant tenders that leave your prospect in no doubt that your company represents best value for money and adds value as well as delivering the project on time, on budget and to the best quality. The Propeller Rail team will make sure that you achieve this.
Our bid response professionals are experienced in writing compelling, compliant, cost-efficient, client focused pre-qualification questionnaires (PQQ) and quality tender responses (ITT) for the rail industry. We are familiar with:
- Network Rail contracts suite
- EU Directives
- Group Standards
- Railway Safety & Standards Board Guidance Notes
- Network Rail Standards
- ATOC Train Operators Safety Group Good Practice Guide to the Selection and Management of Contractors
- Network Rail Permits to Work
- Network Rail’s Quality Assurance Policy Statement
Our expertise has helped secure over £13Bn worth of contracts and opportunities within the last 5 years achieving:
- 97% success rate at PQQ stage
- 80% success rates on framework contracts
- 63% success rate of achieving highest quality submission at tender stage
- 93% achieving top 3 quality score on tender submissions during 2013.