Our client is a well-known regional contractor, with a series of offices providing local coverage throughout the South East of England. Previously they had secured minor success on the IESE Framework in the role of a Tier 2 supplier. When this major opportunity presented itself, they contacted Propeller for an initial workshop to gauge the most beneficial engagement of the Propeller team. In reviewing the way in which they undertook the quality bid process, we identified a raft of services that would help them in producing a compelling response to the ITT document. It really helped that we found a raft of common ground between us in the initial meeting through our previous contracting relationships. The services provided included:
- tender launch workshop and evidence-gathering session to define the deliverables, allocate responders, plan strategy and agree the delivery programme
- developing a governance model to satisfy the requirement of the Framework and match the client’s administration methods
- drafting the tender document, including re-writing the client’s directly employed staff submissions
- creating a series of infographics, defining the client’s process management techniques and including these within the key sections of the document
- managing the tender process, including facilitation of red and final review meetings
- creating detailed ESP based upon current best practice
- creating innovative and highly informative organograms, incorporating styles and methods unknown to the client
- designing and producing the graphical look and feel of the final submission
The client achieved the highest quality mark of any contractor and secured first place on the Framework. Subsequent to this, the client completed a number of mini competition processes using their in-house resources. Unfortunately, none of these resulted in secured contracts and we were once again contacted by them to engage on a must win education opportunity.
The £25 million mini competition required very lateral thought to provide the information required within the very tight page count allowed. We adopted a graphical format for each response relying on information graphics to press home the advantages of their methods to reduce construction cost and add VfM.
This resulted in the securing of a clutch of schools based upon a previous successful approach known to us from our MD’s previous contracting experience.
End Client: IESE Major Works Framework
Service Type: Tender response writing, Graphic design of response documentation, Project management and tender strategy, Review of written quality submission
Sectors: Construction, Education, Planned and Responsive Repairs, Design and Build, NEC Contracts
Full Services Listing: