The government has pledged to ensure 25% of public sector contracts are awarded to SMEs so bidding for public sector contracts could well be the key to growing your business. As tender specialists we recognise that the national and European (OJEU) rules which govern the procurement process can be intimidating, particularly for smaller companies who may view the process as laborious, expensive and over complicated and so be deterred from bidding for opportunities well within their capability.
As our many satisfied SME clients can confirm (see our case studies) we can guide you through the process ensuring your business has everything in place to bid for, and win, public sector contracts.
If you want to bid public sector contracts, and want to make sure you have everything you need to get through the pre-qualification and tender stages, our get set to win audit could be just what you need.
Initial free consultation
Talk to us and we will explain:
- key pre-requisites for bidding for public sector contracts
- how the procurement process works
- the type of time and investment you will need to make to be successful.
The get set to win process initially involves a detailed review of your company’s:
- compliance with Regulation 23 of The Public Contracts Regulations 2006 (Criteria for the rejection of economic operators)
- accounts / Financial Criteria
- management Structure
- capacity and Resources
- policies and Procedures
- health & safety
- environment and sustainability
- equal opportunities and diversity
- business continuity plan
- data protection
- corporate social responsibility
- supply chain
- BIM compliance
- awards and achievements
We will benchmark these areas against sector best practice to identify any areas that need to be improved. We can then help you to update or create the policies you need to meet the required standards.
Adding value for you
As part of our audit:
- We will review past tender opportunities to identify which contracts were published in the last 12 months that would have been relevant to you to give you a clear picture of the typical type and amount of opportunities that exist in your field.
- We will then help you register on the relevant free tender notice portals to ensure you are notified of new opportunities that are published.
- We will also review current suppliers of your service and provide you with a list of these companies who you may then wish to contact with regards to any supply chain opportunities, Joint Ventures and Consortium partnerships.